Year 7 Open Evening for September 2022
Thursday 14th October 2021
5.30pm to 8.30pm
Introductory talks at 6.15 pm and 7.15 pm
Guided Tours of the school - No booking required
If you are thinking of applying for a place in Year 7 for September 2022 we would like to invite you to come and have a look around the school to see what we offer.
You can meet staff and students in the subject areas.
Please can we ask you to leave your car at a reasonable distance from the school, and walk, to avoid parking difficulties in Handsworth Avenue. The meetings will start promptly so please arrive in good time.
Parents wishing their son/daughter to be admitted to Year 7 at Highams Park School in September must complete the local authority single application form naming Highams Park School as one of their preferred choices. The form is available from your Local Authority (assumed to be London Borough of Waltham Forest for the majority). You must also complete our Supplementary Information Form.
There is further information here for Prospective Parents. https://highamspark.fireflycloud.net/year-7/welcome-to-new-year-7-students-and-parents
You MUST also apply for a secondary school place, before the 31st October 2021, through the LBWF eAdmissions website. The LBWF eAdmissions website opened for online applications on 1 September 2021. The closing date is 31 October 2021. If you are applying after this date, your application will be considered as late.
The eAdmissions guide explains how to apply for your child's school place.
Please be aware that the school is usually very popular and heavily oversubscribed. The following figures for admission to Year 7 last year illustrate this (source of information - Waltham Forest Secondary Admissions booklet called "Starting Secondary School").
2021 September Year 7 Intake - allocations as of 1st March 2021
|Total number of applications||689|
|Number of Looked After Children admitted (LACs)||0|
|Number of children admitted under SEN criterion||3|
|Number of children admitted under siblings criterion||56|
|Number of children admitted under children of staff criterion||4|
|Number of children admitted under distance criterion||133|
|Furthest child admitted under distance criterion in 2020 (miles)||0.981|
|Furthest child admitted under distance criterion in 2019 (miles)||0.999|
|Furthest child admitted under distance criterion in 2018 (miles)||1.063|
|Number of appeals from parents of pupils not allocated a place (In 2018)||2|
|Number of successful appeals leading to admission of a child (In 2018)||1|
- As an Academy the admissions authority for Highams Park School is the Highams Park Academy Trust (the Governing Board of the School), not the London Borough of Waltham Forest. The Academy Trust officially admit children to the school NOT the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Waltham Forest are required by the law to administer the process for children transferring from primary to secondary school.
- You can read the official government guidance for parents on the Department for Education's website.
- Go to the London Borough of Waltham Forest's web page for school admissions.
- Go to the London Borough of Redbridge's web page for school admissions.
- Go to the London Borough of Enfield's web page for school admissions.
- Go to the London Borough of Hackney's web page for school admissions.
- Go to the London Borough of Haringay's web page for school admissions
- Go to the London Borough of Newham's web page for school admissions